Latest Temple Around Town Highlights
- CONGRATS: The Main St. Champion Award was presented to Temple's Peggy Taphorn for the remarkable contributions made to the downtown revitalization process in her community. Thirty-one individuals were honored for their contributions in 2011. “Whether volunteers, business or property owners, corporate citizens, civic leaders, municipal employees or public officials, Main Street Champions are the stewards of downtown, who go the extra mile to restore vibrancy and vitality to the hearts of the communities they love,” said Liz Parham, Director of the Urban Development Division. Taphorn was nominated and chosen by Dowtown Sanford Inc. "I am honored, and take the promotion of the Temple Theatre and downtown Sanford very seriously, so it's nice to be recognized." said Taphorn.
- Temple Theatre's 'A Christmas Carol" (ACC) Production was among the ACC shows being featured in North Carolina. Every December, be sure to check out Temple's one-of-a-kind ACC production.To view their coverage of ACC's playing across North Carolina, click here.
- PBS Affliate, UNC-TV selected Temple Theatre as a professional theatre in the Southeast with a legacy dedicated to the Arts. Click on the UNC-TV logo to be directed to their site to view the spotlight.
- Temple Theatre is Central Carolina's Performing Arts Center.
- Temple’s Mission: To entertain, enrich, educate and enlighten the audiences of our region through the art of live theatre.
- Temple’s Core Value: To enhance the quality of life in Lee County as the economic and artistic cornerstone of Historic Downtown Sanford.
- Built in 1925 as a Vaudeville Theatre and it features superb acoustics and the magnificent original tin ceiling.
- Since 1983, the Theatre is recognized as a National Historic Site.
- An intimate theatre experience with 330 Seats: 231 seats in the Orchestra Section and 99 seats in the Balcony; all seats have amazing views of the stage.
- The #1 year-round tourist attraction in Lee County.
- Youth programs and conservatories for elementary, middle and high school students provide enrichment for hundreds of students each year.
- One of the most flexible Season Tickets programs in the U.S.
- Rental capabilities for meetings, concerts and special events.
Updated Fly System 2004; Updated Sound System 2005; Updated Lobby and Box Office 2005; Updated HVAC 2007; Updated Lighting System 2011; Updated Restrooms 2012; Updated Concession Lounge 2012
Temple Around Town Photo Gallery features candid photos of community events, volunteers, sponsors, supporters, fundraisers and good times. Click on the arrows to navigate through the Photo Gallery. Also, you may click on any specific image to see it larger. Visit our Gallery page for photos of our productions.